Saturday, June 09, 2007

diggin'













After planning through the two and a half years I've lived here I have finally gotten it together to plant the flower bed in the front. Of course, it merely consists of a few impatiens which I've heard are very difficult to kill. Nonetheless, I consider this an important step in my development as a suburban housewife. (the photos above illustrate the "before" and the "after" ; although most reading this would figure that out on their own.) In addition to the flowerbed we also now have a windowbox of wave petunias and a pot of geraniums in honor of the gardening Johnstone men. The next project is cherry tomatos, as I intend to continue the container garden legacy left by my tomato-lovin-medical-illustrating-former roomate.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aunt Mary always thought the Johnstone male shoes would make good geraium planters

12:57 PM  
Blogger Tenly said...

mmmmmm... nice. I have a planter w/wave petunias also, but they are not doing well in the 99 degree heat! I have higher hopes for my peas, which not only produces peas, but I can use the shoots and leaves in salads. Yay! (If they grow.)

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a blog mention - AWESOME! I feel so special :)
The flowers look lovely!

11:33 PM  
Blogger CC said...

I like the flower boxes! Very nice...

-Cassie

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Counter