Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I am having a hard time lately getting my practice time in. I used to use LOST episodes on abc.com as a carrot to get me to play scales at least, but now that I've finished all of them; my retinas feel permanently burned from staring at my laptop screen, and when I do watch and play I get annoyed that I can't concentrate properly on the guitar...although that doesn't seem to be enough to get myself to shut it off. I love the idea of practicing for many hours, but without a lesson or recital to prepare myself, I can't seem to do it consistently. I realize that this period after the DMA debacle is crucial to my future musicianship, that I need to get back on the horse and create good musical opportunities for myself that will heal me from my humiliation, but just I can't do it. My man-friend is perfectly happy descending into his lair in the basement and playing Bach and Beethoven for many hours, but I am more motivated to clean the bathroom. I am becoming a a suburban housewife...

2 Comments:

Blogger Nichole said...

NNNOOO! Zoe, you have to practice! Do it for the babies!

-Nichole

11:49 AM  
Blogger Tenly said...

I agree. How would you feel about scheduling your own recital? Just for the heck of it?

And yes, the photo in your other post is creepy. *ulgh*

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Counter