Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Kitchen Project Day 1






The demo is done, I guess...I don't know what else can be taken out of this kitchen area. We had a little bit of trauma when the vents were discovered. That whole wall was supposed to be taken down and the doorway moved over to make room for the refrigerator. Because of these vents we can't. The decision was first to put the refrigerator against that wall which stressed me out completely. The sacrifice of a few cabinets and 24" of counter space was made to keep the fridge where it is now. So..we'll have a small wall in between the dining area and the kitchen. Any suggestions as to what to do with it?

3 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

Ooooh, I can't wait to see what you guys do with it!

4:59 PM  
Blogger Tenly said...

Are the vents Ferrous? If so, and you don't have to drywall over them, you could do all kinds of fun stuff with magnets! Hooks, a chalkboard or dry erase board, a clock, etc. If magnets don't stick to them, then... I'm at a loss. I'd find the nearest Container Store and see if a salesperson has ideas.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Zoe said...

What I THINK we will do is put some shelving up (using the studs) to keep cookbooks and use the area below the shelves as space for a trashcan and recycling. Thats a very cute idea though...I might suggest that to some friends. Or I was thinking a chalkboard would also be fun, but over the drywall.

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Counter