Friday, June 05, 2009

I've decided to practice again. Not solo guitar music, of course, but my quartet parts in earnest. Its embarrassing to even write this, as I suppose its assumed I was practicing furiously all along, but the fact is I wasn't. I would look over music when necessary, but the fact is, after being punched in the face two years ago by my inadequacies, it felt really hard to play the guitar without getting very angry and sad. Now, I'm working hard on my parts b/c its my JOB. We (1 east g q ) have new music by famous (only to guitarists) composers. We are on the brink (past the brink actually, and now tiptoeing nervously on the surface) of an opportunity that could really be great. And our CD is coming out soon. Not the greatest guitar quartet CD ever, but one that is actually recorded, edited, mixed, and professionally pressed with kickass artwork. Having attempted the process a few times before, I realize what feat that is in and of itself. I am truly proud of its mere existence.

1 Comments:

Blogger alexis said...

we have a lot in common.

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Counter