Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Today is fat Tuesday, which was celebrated in our house by going to Taco Tuesday. This is not an infrequent occurrence at 3830, but one that we partake in regularly enough for the overly friendly waiter to recognize us and awkwardly inquire how we're doing. Tonight we were pleasantly surprised to meet up with some friends, one of which is our neighbor, and among other topics, talked about the idea of lent.

As one who is pretty much an atheist, I don't necessarily subscribe to the idea that you get closer to the sufferings of the historical Jesus by giving up some of the trappings of our modern society, but I do like the personal challenge of doing without something for a period of time. I also think its more beneficial to give back to society in the form of money or time rather than giving up chocolate or facebook. I think that for "lent" I will:

- do a creative access gig
- donate money to a charity
and track all my food until the 6th annual Great Friday party. I'm taking that day off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Counter