Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I am becoming pretty damn sure that I want to do my own flowers at the wedding. Maybe not the bouquets and bouts, but it seems to me that with some practice, organization, help on the Thursday afternoon before I can make 10- 15 centerpieces happen.

One of my choices are to arrange the flowers. This entails ordering them online, cutting the stems properly, finding them a temperature where they are happy and plopping them in a vase (rectangular with stones to hide floral foam I think) I imagine something taller and skinner than this picture. And without those stupid leaves and brown ribbon.



Or grow them. I feel that if I grow my own centerpieces for my own wedding I can proudly take my place among the Johnstone hortaculturalists.




If the latter occurs, vistors to 3830 should be prepared for lots and lots of pots growning flowers. Please be sure to take your Zyrtec before entering.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

Hey Zoe! For our art receptions, we got flowers at this big flower warehouse in downtown B'more... you couldn't order things beforehand - you had to use what was there, but they had TONS of beautiful flowers and were very cheap. I always thought they'd be good to keep in mind for a wedding! If you're interested, let me know and I'll find out the name of the place :)

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Counter