Wednesday, October 22, 2008


So, after much research I have come upon what I think will be the perfect compromise for our flower situation. As we know, I am a little on the cheap side and desperately wanted to keep the flower budget in the hundreds rather than the thousands. I also know that while being slightly crafty and resourceful, I am also a bit disorganized and stressful. The last two attributes are what I feared in my DIY flower idea...the day before the wedding is already scheduled from 11:30 on and I had no idea how the hell I was going to handle putting all this together. Then I found a truly down to earth florist in VA who ships pre made bouquets and boutonnieres; and for centerpieces, I'll receive the arrangements pre made which I need to arrange in a vase. She has relationships with flower farms, so manages to bypass the wholesalers. Best of all, I gave her a figure and and I got everything for the amount I quoted! She sent me a photo of a bouquet for another client thats similar to the one I want: mine will have sweetpea and peonies though.

It was a little hard to let the DIY thing go, but I think its for the best. I have the invitations on my plate though...

1 Comments:

Blogger alexis said...

Probably for the best.

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Counter